Wednesday, 11 December 2013

ESSENTIALS REVIEW

E P I D E R M I S
Skin is probably my most valued outer organ. I always aim for the softest, smoothest, silkiest result when I try out new products (I rarely ever do). Ending on the wise words of my mother, "The key to a pretty girl is her skin and figure".

Glowing Perfection.

This.

Vaseline has always been a reliant companion I depend on daily if not hourly. I wear it when I wake up, I go to uni with it, I wear it after showers, I go to sleep with it- basically, I'm obsessed. I only started regularly using this saviour this year and am thoroughly satisfied with the outcome.

Total Moisture Cocoa Glow, Vaseline.
F A C I A L S
Sensitive. My face is sensitive and I hate it. I get these weird sunburns on my nose that burn brown in a dot formation and then peel off in a day or two (gross, I know). I can't use all products on my face either as it may get rough/bumpy etc. Borderline is, I need products that make my face happy and healthy. 

Cake Facing.

I am really not a foundation person. It feels like an extra layer of skin, an unnatural slime/powder that masks your natural face...yuck. Instead I opt for tinted sunscreens. I went to see my dermatologist after suffering the consequences of being in the sun and he referred me to this wonderful product by 'Sun Sense'. I bought a huge bottle of it last year and its still going despite being used daily! For everyday use I like to use buttercream products as they have that plumping effect.

Tinted Sunscreen: Daily face invisible tint finish SPF30+, Sun Sense
Purple Buttercream: Lavender Scented Body Butter, Victorian Chic
Pink Buttercream: I love...Raspberry and Blackberry, Myer

O P T I C S
When it comes to the windows to our soul, I gravitate towards eyeliners. They have the ability to change the overall demeanour of an outfit. A heightened level of elegance, boldness and ferocity is met. Eyeliner is the art for the canvas of our eyes. Eyeshadows, however, is where I get picky. I like to stick to shadows that are closest to my skin tone, or ones that highlight my lids. Don't get me wrong, I do still dabble in colours on fruitful occasions but I find comfort in the neutrals.

For The Windows To Our Soul.

Most of my eye products are unbranded chemist cosmetics. However, this year I invested on a new brand called 'SAVVY'.

Eye Pencil: Khol Eyeliner in White, SAVVY
Eyeliner and Double sided Khol/Smudger Chemist bought- brands markings rubbed off.


L I P S 
I think I'll let the lippies do the talking...

"I have a nervous lips tick, so naturally I try cover it up with lipstick"
- Jarod Kintz, This Book Has No Title

Clockwise:
Dark Angel, Sportsgirl
PL-42A Afterglow, Prestige
Orange Crush, Sportsgirl
912 Mandarine Fizz, Maybelline
160 Fifth Ave. Fuschia, Maybelline
Spring Fling, Sportsgirl
912 Electric Orange, Maybelline
Lip Balm: Covering up our naked lips since the 1880's.

Honestly, when it comes to balms- any inexpensive brand will do. So long as my needs are met. I bought this at a Chemist for .99c and its worked wonders thus far! More importantly, the balm is composed of Jojoba Oil, Shea Butter, Aloe Vera which are all beneficial to our precious lips. Lastly, its Vanilla flavoured!!
F I N G E R N A I L S
Despite my sheer love for prettily painted nails, it still remains a 'once in a month' ritual. Due to the rarity of application, I tend to purchase inexpensive chemist bought polishes on the rare occasion. 

2013 Nail Favourites.
A snippet of my nail creations that saved me dying from excessive boredom:



O R N A M E N T A L S
Golds, Silvers, Bronzes, Stones and beads- I want them all! I'm not much of a hoarder, but when it comes to jewelry- let's just say my loco light goes green. My most recommended jewelry stores are Sportsgirl, Lovisa and Collete. All three tick my quality and style boxes.

"If you liked it, then you should have put a ring on it"
- Beyonce Knowles, Single Ladies

I absolutely adore the little loops encircling my fingers! Rings have the amazing ability to make you appear dainty, badass and uber funky.  

Statements.

Necklaces! I love to layer and mix and match statement necklaces as they transform the simple's to intricate's. Without these lovelies my outfits would have most certainly lacked in statement.

No comments:

Post a Comment