Thursday, 5 December 2013

DETOX HOLIDAY CONCOCTION

I came across this recipe whilst internet surfing for fitness tips and decided to conjure up a mixture to try it out myself. The taste, I admit, is peculiar but bearable. The ginger and mint give the drink refreshing attitude and the lemon does make it more appealing. I trust most won't be absolute fanatics from a flavoursome perspective, however, from a fitness perspective most definitely. Enjoy! 


Ingredients:
- 2L Water
- 1/2 Lemon
- 1 tsp of Ginger
- Handful of Lemon Balm/Mint leaves (or both)
- 1/2 a Cucumber

Method:

Mix all ingredients in a jug and leave it in a fridge to cool overnight.


Optional: There weren't many mint leaves left in our garden, so as a substitute, I resorted to incorporating 1 peppermint tea bag. Heated it in the microwave with less than half a cup of water, let it cool, added the bag plus the warm water into the mixture.


No comments:

Post a Comment